How to keep a silk scarf looking nice:
- Apply makeup, lotions, and perfumes and allow them to dry completely before you put on your scarf.
- Always store a silk scarf in a dry place. Be sure the scarf is completely clean before storage.
- Use lavender-filled sachets to repel clothes eating insects which can attack the natural fiber silk.
- Please do not wash silk scarf if it's not necessary.
- Use a gentle detergent (baby shampoo) or wool wash and cool water to hand wash silk.
- Do not use washer or dryer to clean your scarf
- Rinse the scarf carefully in cool water. To remove excess moisture, place the scarf between two absorbent white towels. Pat or gently roll the towels to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Silk should be slightly damp when ironed.
- Use a warm - never hot - iron and press the scarf on the wrong side using a piece of clean white cloth between the silk and the iron.